Scroll to the bottom for more goodies ...

My photo
"Poetry is the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." Leonard Cohen

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

HOMOCONSONANTISM



Even though I came at this from several angles, I never really came up
with anything very satisfactory so finally went with the first thing I had, awkward as it is...not my favourite, I'm afraid.

Original statement: I guess the worst part was I liked it. (a quote by Johnny Depp about his character in the movie Transcendence) - sourced from the Edmonton Journal, Friday April 18, 2014, Section C, Movies and books.

Oulipost poem from the source text:

O aged ass
thy wurst port
west o' lucky
duet



FRIDAY, APRIL 18: HOMOCONSONANTISM
Choose a sentence or short passage from your newspaper to
complete a homoconsonantism. In this form, the sequence of
consonants in a source text is kept, while all its vowels are
replaced. For example:
ORIGINAL: To be or not to be: that is the question.
CONSONANTS ONLY: T b r n t t b t t s t h q s t n

FINAL PRODUCT: As burnt tibia: it heats the aqueous tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Truly.