Scroll to the bottom for more goodies ...

My photo
"Poetry is the evidence of life. If your life is burning well, poetry is just the ash." Leonard Cohen

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

WHAT IS THE NEXT BIG THING?










September is a long ways off,
creating a climate
of fear and intimidation.
This is just a time to take care
of the dogs,
endorse people not taken
into consideration,
people completely marginalized.
We are going into a moment
in the cycle
Create the climate we need
for dialogue...

I don't want to break the law
I'll get some truth, some under-
standing, some realization
It's going to have an impact
It makes my heart very happy.
On the edge, looking for a saviour,
I am prepared to listen and
I am humbled.

Whatever happened to Indians
is real; it's not make-believe,
not a story coming out
of Walt Disney...
They are telling the truth.

I don't see any reason
to run; trouble has been
kind of hijacked of late.
Truth and reconciliation is
not a commission; it's not
a process.
It needs to become
a movement.
It is our new way
of moving
forward together.

There has to be building
bridges, time to fix
Putting Humpty-Dumpty
together again,
healing wounds.
I'm not closing any doors.

Day One - Quote Cento - from Edmonton Journal; Tues.Apr.1.2014;  multiple sections, multiple articles, primarily: "Separating contenders from the pretenders" and "Lessons won't be lost - (Truth and Reconciliation)".


2 comments:

  1. I like the declarative last line that your speaker reaches after outlining the argument.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the last line -- and the third stanza, with its last line on truth, is powerful. The whole piece holds together and works as a whole

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts? I'd love to hear them. Truly.